Friday, January 24, 2014

This weeks investigation is done! Results are in....

Since last Saturday was cloudy during last weeks investigation I decided to do another investigation on a clear night, last night. I wanted a clear night to see if I could get images of a star like UFO on camera, and boy did I! I filmed some convincing footage of the existence of star like UFO's, and got several 'flasher' type UFOs on camera. Besides that, however, it was uneventful.

The investigation video is available here:


The footage I caught was crystal clear and showed the object in question, a bright fake star, moving way to fast to be a star when I zoomed in.  I first spotted it around 11:45 PM last night. At first I thought it was a normal star but something, a hunch maybe, tipped me off to film it. I'm glad I did. Looking at the tree to the left of the star, which is due east, proves this is no star because no star is visible in that direction in stellarium, last night at 11:45 PM. Arcturus is close but it is too northerly to be the star in question.  Here is the footage:



Notice how the light in question moves like crazy when zoomed in? I am not moving the camera
that much to make it do this. Pretty sure it isn't a star. Freeze framing the YouTube footage made it obvious it's no star, because that proved it blinked red, blue, green and other colors! I tried to get starlight from a real star to show up in the camera later on the next morning but failed. The rest of the night was not as eventfull. I spent 1 hour upstairs looking for similar lights but didn't see any.

I won't be doing the next investigation for a while, I don't know what day yet. I'm glad I got this images and footage on film. Imagine if I chose not to film the fake star. It managed to vanish 5 minutes later.....  No sign of it seen again...  Check out the video's UFO buffs. I hope you enjoy them.